Handiscover is now looking for a CTO and Tech guru.
Are you passionate about Tech and want to make an impact on society?
Handiscover, an “airbnb” for people with physical disabilities is building its Tech team. We’re searching for a passionate CTO with leadership skills. Reporting to the CEO, this role will support all our web/mobile developments and other engineering projects. You will drive the entire Tech strategy, lead our current development team and handle future hiring.
Strategy & Planning
- Identify technology trends and evolving social behaviour that may support or impede the success of the business.
- Develop our Architectire and Tech stack based on Python, webpack, REACT, MySQL, AWS.
- Communicate the company’s technology strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
Implementation & Deployment
- Review and approve development releases and manage the release process, through LEAN start up principles.
- Support the marketing process by providing implementation of technical requirements for Internet marketing and search engine optimization, as well as implementation of legal requirements like the new GDPR regulations.
- Implement integration with ERP system to optimize our administration.
- Drive integration of our platform with Channel Managers and key business partners to drive our number of listings.
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of computer science, business administration, or another rigorous discipline preferred, but if you are great self-taught genius, we like that too!
Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrated ability to envision web-based services that meet consumer needs and solve business problems within international “e-commerce”.
- Over 7 years experience managing web development and managing Team.
- 5 years experience with start-up lifestyle, “thrive on chaos” skills
- Familiarity with:
Technical requirements for SEO, information security vulnerabilities and risk management, consumer privacy and payments industry compliance requirements.
- Understanding of: business theory, business process development, governance processes, management, budgeting, and administrative operations.
- Experience with front-end testing, performance measuring and optimization.
- Knowledge of the various Google Maps APIs or OpenStreetMap is a plus.
- Fluency in English
- Proven leadership ability
- Out of the box thinking
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
How we work:
Development work is based on 1-2 weeks development loops and 3 months road maps. Those translate directly into your and your teamwork tasks.
We are now present with listings in 50 countries and over 23000 properties. Current consumer focus is on Nordic and UK. We have just closed a successful Seed round thanks to Entreprenörinvest Sverige (familjen Kamprad stiftelsen), Almi Invest and well renowned Business Angels.
Our focus is now on building a strong management team to take us to the next level! Location: Skåne (tbd) or Stockholm.
Please send us your application to sebastien(a)handiscover.com reference CTO